Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blast From The Past

While going through very old papers, I found this assignment.  It's not dated, but I'm guessing it goes back to Freshman year high school. I remember always having writing prompts and never taking them too seriously (this doesn't sound familiar...) Here's a little then, now. 

If I could be a farm animal

If I could be any farm animal on any farm, I would have to be a cow.  Mainly because they make such a cool noise.  There are a few other reasons why I'd be a cow.  One, I'd get to stand around all day and eat grass, occasionally stopping to let out a sound or two.  Second,  I would sleep standing up, which is pretty different from now, because I have to sleep laying down.  Oh, and another cool thing about being a cow is that I'd walk around on four legs.  Another perk, is all the kids would draw pictures of me or sing the Old McDonald song and I'd be in it.  How cool?  With all of the ups of being a cow, there is a down.  The fact that once I reached my maximum potential I'd get chopped up and delivered to grocery stores for people to cook and eat me.  But hey,  it'd still be fun to be a cow!    

No comments:

Post a Comment