Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mundane Meet Beautiful

When I need to run to the grocery store for a simple item, I typically just go the Fareway in Norwalk.  I just hop in the Kia Rio, cruise up the driveway, and then it's a right, right, left, left, right, right and I'm there!  Some days (even though it is only ten minutes away)  this can seem like a daunting task that I'd rather just put off.  I can't even lie about this, today was one of those days.  It was strange though, as I made my first right turn out of my drive, I began to open my eyes and really look at the land around me.  This is a gorgeous place.  Clouds were floating through the sky and the sun was warming the Earth that had previously been drenched.  As I went further along, I noticed how the farmers had planted their crops.  The soy beans growing in perfect lines and the corn promising to double in height.  It was on my first left turn that I got to my favorite part of the drive- the horses.  Sometimes they run along the fence, enjoying the open field.  Today they were standing alongside the fence, casually watching the few cars that might make their way down the road.  I couldn't help myself and had to stop to take this picture.  The sky, the grass, the horses.  It was all so...lovely.  This is my drive to the grocery store?  Yes, this is my drive to the grocery store.  It occurred to me that this is so lovely and how often I take this for granted.  So, I leave you with this realization and I ask you to try to notice your surroundings tomorrow when commuting somewhere that you might normally just overlook.  Everyday is beautiful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment