Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I miss

I miss

RCPN nights with Mr. Wafflehouse

Sitting in the middle of country roads with Janssen and drinking out of the bottle while we discuss our lives and the complexity of it all

The way Mr. Daye would blame everything on Austin

Trying out crazy dance moves with Adam in the middle of a packed bar

Making out in the backseat of cars

Hearing all of the kids call me “Miss Destiny”

The way that Hannah Park reads everything aloud as if it were the story of a great leader who has passed away and each word carries the weight of their soul

Hanging outside of Sami’s sunroof while she drives around town

Jumping off telephone poles into the ocean

Eating my chocolate birthday cake on September 9th for breakfast

The way my heart would race when I was close enough to smell the Givenchy cologne on his skin

Answering every single question in Mrs. Powers Spanish class with “Me gusta el autobus.”

How Jonathon makes a story come to life

Spending Sunday evenings with Todd

Going trick or treating with Danielle and seeing how much candy we could acquire

Powerhours with Alex

Eating subway with my mom while we’d watch TGIF

Maria’s mad bartending skills

Clenching the handle of Eleanor and fearing for my life

Coaching gymnastics

Kisses in the airport that would halt time and a smile on his face that let everyone know he was mine

Sneaking into every other picture at sailing parties

Sneaking into bars with Star and claiming that I was simply going to order food

Sneaking into my apartment after spending the night with the boy I shouldn’t have

When my dad would tell me to put a brick on my head, so I’d stop growing and always be his little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment